- Forklift drivers must be certified and show credentials.
- Forklifts must have backup alarms and horns. Drivers must alert with horn when entering/exiting through roll‐up doors.
- Forklifts must be driven slowly and safely - pedestrians always have the right‐of‐way.
- Trailers loaded and unloaded by forklifts must have their wheels chocked.
- Propane canisters (empty or full) must be stored in an upright position in the secured area on the retaining wall.
- Forklifts may not be used to lift trailers if they are stuck or hung up. A tow truck must be called to remove such trailers or vehicles.
- Storing forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel lifts, etc. in the exhibit hall is prohibited.
- Personnel must employ all regulations as outlined in life safety 101.
Flooring in the facility must be protected from damage caused by crates, dollies, hand trucks, equipment, etc., by installing a layer of carpet shield or masonite during move‐in, show days, and move‐out. The Center will provide masonite for all ballroom events that utilize a production company. For unusually heavy items, additional measures such as plywood sub flooring may be required. Motorized vehicles, forklifts, gas or electric carts, bicycles, and similar equipment may not be operated on any carpeted area of the Center. All doors used for freight entrance and exit must be covered to protect the panic hardware, locking devises and painted surfaces. No crates or cases may be stored in any area of the building or on the loading dock. Bone yards in leased space must be approved in advance through the event coordinator.